Do you have a clogged toilet? There is nothing to worry. All you need is a little patience and a plunger or a toilet snake for house cleaning process. Even the home rookie can unclog most of the toilets and make them running again within a few minutes, without flooding your toilet and making things worse. House cleaning Pflugerville is going to share how you can avert a morning household disaster by cleaning the clogged toilet really fast.
Here is how to use a plunger:
During the house cleaning process you can use a plunger that fits over and seals the toilet drain. Wear gloves otherwise things might get messy and follow these plunging tips:
1. When house cleaning, the first thing you need to do is plunge it gently. The bell is full of air, so a hard thrust will force the air back and it will seal and blow the water all over the bathroom and over you as well.
2. After you force out the air, plunge it vigorously in and out by maintaining the seal. You will be forcing the water in both directions, drain and clogs. You need to plunge it for about 15 times.
3. You need to stay patient in this house cleaning process and try alternative strokes.
4. Make sure that there is enough water in your toilet bowl so that you plunger stays covered. If you try to force air through the toilet bowl won’t create much pressure.
Reach for the toilet snake:
During the house cleaning process if your toilet plunger is not helping you to open the drain then you should switch to toilet snake. It’s a wire coil with a corkscrew that can go inside the pipe to open the clog. You need to rotate it clockwise so that the tip screws into the clog and breaks it up or the debris can wind across the pipe and then you can pull it out.
Toilet Dos and Don’ts:
- Avoid chemicals:
During the house cleaning process make sure that you don’t use powerful chemicals to unclog your drain. They work sometimes but they are slow. And if they fail to work then you have a drain that is full of corrosive water on your hands. If you ever use chemicals for your toilet and it fails to work then you should run as much water as possible and let it sit overnight to drain through the clog. And when you plunge wear safety goggles and gloves to keep the water out of your eyes and skin.
- Keep the toilet cover down
When house cleaning make sure that you keep the toilet cover down especially if you have small kids, so the toys won’t fall inside.
- Don’t pour hardening compounds down the toilet
When house cleaning make sure you don’t pout products like wax, grease and caulk in the toilet.
For more clogged toilet tips call your local house cleaning Pflugerville experts.